BusyDAO Development Update — 09/2022
Dear Busy People,
We are bringing a development update to see more in-depth what we have worked on in September 2022. This month was driven by Community Testing V2 and final changes to the mainnet.
Briefly about September’s progress
September 2022 was mainly focused on Community Testing V2. During the two weeks, the users had a chance to involve in the second bug bounty event by Busy with a reward of up to $4000 in BUSY tokens. Luckily for Busy, no critical or high severity bugs were found. We have received a lot of valuable feedback and improvements. We cannot thank everyone enough for their efforts in helping us test the network and provide valuable feedback.
We have received a lot of suggestions and mainly minor design/functionality bugs that the Busy Team reviewed and added the implementation to the Desktop Wallet development roadmap. As we are heading to the mainnet in the upcoming weeks, we have prioritised some tasks that will be implemented to the mainnet version; the rest will be implemented later. Updated overview video of the Busy Wallet:
The Busy Freelance Platform’s development has moved forward; the Busy Team is now reviewing the whole use case. Once confirmed, the BusyChain smart contracts development will start in the separated network branch.
The alpha version of the Busy MobileApp has been released. If you have missed the overview video, check it below:
To raise awareness of the BusyChain code complexity: it currently consists (globally) of over 7 500+ rows of code that make the BusyChain complex for auditing, but thanks to this, BusyChain can bring real utility to the world. For comparison, a basic ERC-20 token has around 1 000 rows of code, with some additional functions that can reach about 1 500 rows of code. In contrast, BusyChain code is three times bigger, making it way more advanced than most current blockchains.
Details of achieved points and completed technical aspects in September
- We are audited now! The BusyChain has no vulnerabilities found and is ready for the mainnet — see the final report on our BusyInfo portal.
- Community Testing V2 event has ended. We have received a lot of data: 126 feedbacks, 83 reportings, 43 suggestions, and 23 accepted low-severity bugs. There were created: 659 wallets, 131 new tokens, 619 841 transactions, and staked a total of 7 352 500 BUSY with the reward of 101 096.875 BUSY. Check more details: https://documentation.busydao.io/busy-community-testing-v2-results/.
- We have started working on the API and Desktop Wallet to apply findings and accepted suggestions from Community Testing V2.
- We have released network peer installation to join the Busy network. For now, it is shared only with our partner exchanges which will support our mainnet transition with trading pairs and swap possibilities.
- We have implemented internal monitoring policies (Prometheus, Grafana, Benchmark, …) in the Kubernetes network, and the Busy Team is aware of any event or unwanted activity 24/7.
- We have tested and successfuly simulated multiple disaster scenarios. Recovery tools for blocks, transactions, and balances have been finalised.
- There is a running penetration test, and the results will be shared soon.
- The Busy Desktop Wallet V2 was released as part of the Community Testing V2. Some improvements have already been applied; some will be till the mainnet version, the rest later. The Testnet wallet is available for all operation system versions — Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- The BUSY swap online tool is already finalised. It will allow users to connect their Metamask wallets and swap ERC-20 BUSY tokens to the BUSY coins in a ratio of 1:1. It is entirely ready to be integrated with the mainnet network.
- The Busy Freelance Platform’s development has moved forward; the Busy Team is now reviewing the whole use case. Once confirmed, the BusyChain smart contracts development will start in the separated network branch.
- The preview version of the Busy MobileApp has been released. It is integrated with the Testnet network, the same as Desktop Wallet. The Busy MobileApp will be required for third-party solution confirmations.
What is next and when?
- There is a running penetration test, and the results will be shared soon — ongoing in October/2022.
- We are working on the Kubernetes network security of the network architecture for the best decentralisation, protection, scalability, and security — ongoing in October/2022.
- We are working on the process of adding full nodes from the snapshots to the Kubernetes Busy network to support decentralisation and the entire ecosystem — ongoing in October/2022.
- The future mainnet network in the production environment will be tested — ongoing in October/2022.
- Busy Mobile App is being finalised, and the first release is planned for October/2022.
- The exact mainnet date will be during Q4. All materials and information will be released soon–in Q4/2022.
- We will implement a smart contract council function, including disputes for the Busy Platform on the testnet network–in Q4/2022.
- We will start a new tool for deploying chain codes (smart contracts) on BusyChain–in Q4/2022.
Thank you for reading through our development update, and thank you very much for your continuous support. We are getting closer to the Busy mainnet, and we look forward to the next days together with you, our incredible community of supporters. Together, we can change the world. Stay tuned #StayBusy